When Indians hear the word ‘Tax’, they procrastinate about it until the very last day. If, even in the year 2022, you are going physically to pay your municipal tax, then you are missing out on a lot. Since technology has evolved, many such tasks can be quickly done via your internet-enabled smartphone.
Around a month ago, I taught my father how to pay municipal tax online, as he used to spend almost a day doing so. So, this year, I made him do the same via his smartphone and downloaded the Bajaj Finserv application, which I also personally use for all kinds of digital payments.
What is Municipal Tax?
Similar to other kinds of taxes, a municipal tax or also known as property tax, is to be paid annually. It is charged by the officials of the government on all tangible property an individual owns.
Remember, this tax is to be paid by the owner and not the occupant. Municipal tax payment online is to be done annually, and late payments attract a fine.
In the current era, it is highly advisable to pay municipal tax online as it saves your time, money, energy, and fuel. With just a few taps on your internet-enabled smartphone, you are good to go.
What are the different types of Municipal Tax in India?
The Municipal tax or Property tax amount is determined by the type of property.
The four types of properties are –
- Personal – Movable assets like vehicles
- Development made to land – Anything built on the plot and is immovable. For example warehouses, buildings etc.
- Land – Core land without any construction or improvement done to it.
- Intangible property – It includes the ownership of properties that do not have a physical substance. For example patents, copyrights, royalties, etc.
How to pay municipal tax online?
To make it easy and for a better understanding of the readers, it would be best if I share my experience here. Please note that I have not collaborated with any brand for promotion, and I’m just sharing my experience. I have been using the Bajaj Finserv application on my smartphone for the past year and recently came across the fact that one can even pay Municipal Tax quickly on this.
- Download the ‘Bajaj Finserv: UPI, Pay, Loans’ application from Play Store (Android) or App Store (iPhone)
- Log in with your official contact number
- Under the Bills & Recharges section on the Homepage of the Application, click on View All
- Go down, and you’ll see Municipal Taxes
- Select your provider
- Further, enter the details, and you are good to go
So, the next time anyone asks you ‘how to pay municipal tax online?’, tell them these easy steps. For many years, this type of tax has been recognized around the globe and is imposed by the government to generate money for a public purpose only.
It is essential to know that municipal tax is compulsory and enforceable by law. Meanwhile, the next time you want to know how to make a municipal tax payment online? I hope this article helps.