A lot of people consider cryptocurrency as a great tool for extra income. Therefore, it is not surprising that queries such as “exchange BTC to ETC” in the browser search bar become regular. However, to make trading successful, it is important to ensure secure cryptocurrency storage. Crypto wallets are usually used for this purpose. A cryptocurrency wallet is a physical medium, program, service, or device that stores private or public keys for crypto transactions. In addition to storing keys, it has the functionality of signing or encrypting information. The security of a cryptocurrency mainly depends on how the private key is stored.
There is a wide selection of crypto wallets today. However, which is better to choose to securely store crypto coins purchased on the best cryptocurrency exchange https://letsexchange.io/? Find the answer to this question in this article and get useful tips on choosing storage for all occasions.
Hot Wallet: Advantages and Disadvantages
The hot moneybag is software and a kind of digital storage for cryptocurrency. It is available in a variety of types. Today, it is easy to use mobile, web, and desktop purses. Among the benefits of hot storage are the following:
- Instant access;
- Ease of use;
- Flexibility and low cost.
Although hot crypto storage has many advantages, it has some disadvantages:
- Prone to theft;
- Third-party trust.
Main Pros and Cons of Cold Wallet
Unlike a hot online moneybag, cold storage does not provide an Internet connection. Cold wallets are usually in the form of a physical device. It is part of compact equipment. If you prefer secure storage of your private and public keys, then a cold crypto moneybag is the perfect solution for you. Hackers cannot access it. Here are the benefits of using this type of online storage:
- Ability to recover.
Among the disadvantages we can highlight the following:
- The high price;
Hot Storage vs Cold Storage: Which Is Better to Choose?
Comparing a cold and a hot wallet, it is impossible to say unequivocally which is better. Each of them has its pros and cons that should be taken into account. You should rely on your needs when choosing. If you value ease of use – choose a hot crypto moneybag. If you need safe and reliable storage – you should stop your choice on cold storage.
Useful Tips for Choosing a Wallet for All Occasions
If you want to choose the best storage, you should pay attention to several important criteria:
- Safety. This is the most important factor when choosing. Security is inextricably linked to the type of storage. Cold wallets are more reliable and secure than hot moneybags. But still, you need to study the security protocols and general features of operation before making a decision;
- Supported cryptocurrencies. Crypto storage can support a variety of cryptocurrencies. Up to hundreds and even thousands. However, there are specific ones that support only Bitcoin, Ethereum, etc. Therefore, if you need any particular cryptocurrency, check if the crypto purse supports it or not;
- NFT support. NFTs are becoming a new trend in the blockchain. If you are interested in selling or buying NFTs, you should look for a suitable crypto moneybag;
- Commissions. Cryptocurrency storage may charge transaction fees. If you don’t want to waste your money, look for a purse that doesn’t charge a fee or requires a small amount;
- Availability. When choosing a hot crypto purse, make sure that it is available around the clock.
Put the above tips into practice and choose the best wallet to store your crypto coins!