On 1st July 2015, India achieved an iconic landmark. It was the day the Digital India movement was launched by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology and the Ministry of Finance, India. In the following year, on 11th April 2016, the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) launched its inter-bank peer-to-peer payment system that is marked by instant and real-time payments. It was named the United Payments Interface or UPI.
You need to download an app to make UPI payments
The Interface is easy to use. However, there are some basic requirements that users need to comply with. These are:
- Users need to ensure that they have a bank account with one of the participating banks of UPI. In other words, you need to check that your bank permits the use of UPI for payments and money transfers.
- The next step-in-the-line is to download a UPI app.
- The user’s mobile number must be compulsorily registered with the bank account because the verification OTP is sent to the mobile number.
Transferring using UPI
You can choose between three ways to use UPI to transfer money or make payments. These methods of UPI Pay are:
- Using the bank account number and the IFSC code of the receiver
- Scan the QR code of the receiver from the app on your phone.
- Enter the VPA or the Virtual Payment Address of the receiver.
Can I pay for mobile bills and recharges using a UPI App?
This is the best part about UPI. The app can help any user make payments to a service provider with ease, be it the cellular or the DTH operator, electricity or water board, online merchants, offline stores, and more. The entire world of payment-related activities has been renovated and improvised with the appearance of UPI. Let us explain how.
Take the case of a Vodafone Idea user. We are all aware of the partnership between the Vodafone Group and the Aditya Birla Group to form the country’s leading telecom service providing company, Vodafone Idea Limited. Aligned with the Digital India movement, the service provider offers top-quality data and voice services pan India. It helps thousands of its subscribers to connect with one another and take maximum advantage of modern telecom services encompassing 2G, 3G, and 4G.
Now, if a Vodafone Idea subscriber needs to recharge their prepaid mobile connection, they can easily download a UPI app to carry out the recharge every month. Not just that, if they wish to change the applicable recharge plans and gather more details about new and updated recharge plans, it can be easily done using the app to browse through different plans. Some of the best Vodafone & idea recharge plans for a subscriber in Delhi/NCR are:
- 28-days plan
- Rs. 32/- for access to 200+ ad-free games.
- Rs. 442/- for unlimited SMS with the opportunity to speak to a sports celebrity.
- Rs. 43/- with the chance to win Recharges every week.
- Rs. 47/- with caller tunes and unlimited chances to change songs.
- Rs. 299 for unlimited calls, 1.5 GB data per day, and 28 days validity.
- Rs. 479 for unlimited calls, 1.5 GB data per day, and valid for 56 days.
- Rs.. 719 for unlimited calls, 1.5 GB data per day, and 84 days validity.
- Rs. 1449 with unlimited calls, 1.5 GB data per day, and 180 days validity.
- Rs. 1799 for unlimited calls, 24 GB data per day, and valid for 365 days.
- Rs. 2899 with unlimited calls, 1.5 GB data per day, and 365 days validity
These are but a few of the recharge plans from the company. If you wish to know more, you are advised to download a trusted UPI payment app that offers a complete and detailed insight into recharge plans.
Digitalization of payments and recharges has indeed made our life comfortable. Like before, there is no more rushing up or any last-minute hassle that you need to go through. Users, however, need to make sure that they download the right app, approved by the government and RBI. Remember, you need to connect your bank account details with the Interface; the reason why you should be careful in selecting the best app for security reasons.